The term “personal data” describes information that can be linked to a specific person and used to identify a specific person. User data that is anonymous or aggregated cannot be used to identify a person and is therefore not personal data.
Scope and consent
What personal data do we collect?
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information that is collected automatically
We may automatically collect information concerning your visits to this Website sent to us by your computer, mobile devices or other devices you use.
Information provided by you
CNI only collects personal information that you submit voluntarily. If you sign up for our newsletter or contact us, we will ask you to enter your first name and surname, your email address and phone number.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide you with a good delivery of our products.
- Provide you with product information you have requested.
- Personalise, measure and improve our services and content in order to better serve you.
- Answer your questions about our products and services or the use of our website.
- Provide customer services by email or by phone.
- Prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, fraud and security breaches.
- We may also use this information, with your permission, to send you information we think may be of interest to you. When you subscribe to our newsletter, you may receive information about CNI and its products and services. We provide an opt-out option for each newsletter.
Third party disclosures
CNI does not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal data to third parties unless:
- you have authorised us to do so, or
- we are required by law to do so, or
- we are required to protect our rights or property
We will inform you, should any of the above occur.
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you visit our website. We use essential cookies to enable our website’s core functionality and enable us to provide you with improved services, such as understanding and remembering your preferences. We can collect this information to make site improvements.
You can disable cookies and remove previously stored information by changing your browser preferences. We use Google Analytics to improve our website content.
We do not use Google Analytics to collect or store your personal information. The information these cookies provide is used to optimise your experience while you are visiting the website, and will not be sold.
The right to access, update or erase your personal data
If you would like to have all your personal information erased from our database, please send us a request stating this. We will process your request within a reasonable time and process your personal data in accordance with the applicable law. Please note that in order to comply with your request, we may ask you for the following:
- A signed copy of your request, containing your contact information and email address
- A copy of your valid ID (which will be destroyed safely after verification)
You can email your request to email@example.com attaching the documents mentioned above.
Protection and retention of your personal data
We strive to avoid loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration of your personal data.
We do not retain personal data any longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes that have been described above or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
If you have any questions about CNI and our Website or if you think your account has been misused, please contact us using the contact form.